R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 9:30AM-6:00PM
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Patient Registration Representative to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Patient Registration Representative will be working in Pre-Registration in a Call Center Environment. This person will be responsible for incoming and outgoing calls to patients to perform any pre-collections for their scheduled procedures and obtain patient and insurance information.
The Patient Registration Representative will be working with dual monitors in a call center environment where they will be measured on the accuracy and customer service of inbound calls. During times that the inbound calls are appropriately taken care of, the associates will be calling patients to work on outbound cases in a queue.
In order to be successful, the Patient Registration Representative will need to be accurate and timely to pre-register patients utilizing medical systems. This work will need to be performed according to established policies and procedures. The associate will provide exceptional customer service to patients and all other medical professionals.
In addition to the day to day responsibilities, this person will actively participate in quality improvement and innovative change processes as well as departmental meetings and educational offerings.
Your day to day role may include:
- Perform registration and basic insurance verification, ensuring collection of 7 critical data elements necessary for proper patient identification and billing.
- Identify and update patient demographic information as defined by departmental policy and procedures.
- Interpret physician orders for appropriate testing or admission criteria.
- Identify non-participating Insurances or Out of Networks plans; takes necessary steps to inform patients and physicians regarding options, including but not limited to canceling appointment.
- Validate insurance information via electronic medical record, transfer information, or insurance eligibility tool.
- Provide courteous and accurate patient and hospital information.
- Explain processes and forms to patients prior to securing signatures and ensures that all documents are properly signed and witnessed as required.
- Copying and or faxing documents to ancillary areas or physician offices.
- Maintain inventory control of forms and paper supplies needed in area.
- Assist with all possible account resolutions pertaining to patient balances.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience with customer service
- Computer savvy with experience navigating between multiple systems simultaneously
- Must have MS Office Experience and typing experience
- Must have a high degree of customer service skills
- Must demonstrate problem-solving abilities and high attention to detail
It would be great if you also have:
- Call Center Experience
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Completed a Medical Terminology class
- Certification in healthcare access preferred