George E. Wahlen Veterans Administration
This position is located in the Health Information Management Section (HIMS) of the Health Administrative Services at George E. Wahlen VA Hospital. The Medical Record Technician (Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist) is responsible for the Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) program to include reviewing, abstracting, and reporting CDI, and VERA-related information from patient records and data from these records. The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develops and conducts seminars, workshops, short courses, informational briefings, and conferences concerned medical record documentation;
- Ensures active intra-departmental training program is in place for the medical records staff; – facilitates improved overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation; promotes appropriate clinical documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, other patient caregivers, and HIMS coding staff;
- Provides advice and guidance on a medical records programs;
- Compiles, reviews, abstracts, analyzes and interprets medical data incidental to a variety of patient care and treatment activities;
- Performs admission reviews for specific patient populations to facilitate appropriate documentation;
- Maintains statistical database(s) to track the results and validate the program for identifying patterns and variations in coding practices.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. *This is not a remote position.
Please visit the link that details required qualification and education requirements:
Inpatient experience preferred.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Instructions for Resume Submission: