UHIMA Committee member – If you are interested in gaining more experience in HIM while reaping the benefits of working with a other HIM professionals, then you should consider volunteering for one of the UHIMA committees! The level of involvement will depend upon available time, interests, and your experience.
- Serve as one of the webmasters maintaining the UHIMA web site
- Create content for web site
- Edit documents submitted for the web site
- Assist in publishing and testing the web site
- Help plan the holiday party
- Contact UHIMA members to place name on the ballot
- Send letters of confirmation to candidates for accepting nomination and request each candidate to submit their bibliography
- Help prepare the UHIMA ballot for distribution to voting members
- Assist in the installation ceremony of the new officers at the Annual Business meeting
Program Committee Chair
- Contact speakers for spring and fall meetings
- Coordinate and receive registration for meetings
- Take registration and payments at the meetings
- Help design brochures
- Prepare and tabulate the evaluation forms from the meetings
- Coordinate the continuing education certificates (i.e., printing, filling them out, etc.)
- Prepare and mail speaker confirmation letters
- Prepare and mail thank you letters for speakers
- Become a speaker and classroom presenter for high school and college classes.
- Design materials for our display booth for marketing and education events.
- Write newsletters and/or other promotional materials.
- Orchestrate career and promotional events.
- Assist with career days and career fairs.
- Disseminate updated educational materials.
- Design electronic bulletin boards for high school career centers.
- Assist with the design of the display board for events.
- Arrange available times and locations for myPHR presentations.
- Become a myPHR presenter.
- Assist with promiting HIT Recognition Week.
- Promote the HIM profession within our community.
- Monitor proposed state legislation and regulation changes
- Monitor proposed federal legislation and regulation changes
- Monitor regulator links from the web site
Coding Roundtable Committee
- Participate in Coding Roundtable by answering coding questions